CHG Favorites of the Week: The Attribution Edition

It’s an all-quote edition today! Every description comes from the associated website, no matter how good or bad the text.

Blog of the Week
Simply Stated (Real Simple’s cooking blog)
“Door’s open! Come on in. Sorry, the place is a mess, I’m still unpacking boxes, but I’ve got lunch on the stove if you’re hungry. Yeah, I just moved in this week, and I’m really excited to be here. I can’t wait to start cooking in my new kitchen! You sure you don’t want some soup? I made it from scratch. Lentil soup takes all of 35 minutes, start to finish, and miraculously, my favorite enamel-coated cast-iron pot was easy to find amid the packing rubble.”

Book of the Week
A Cook’s Tour by Anthony Bourdain
“Anthony sets out on a quest for his culinary holy grail. Our adventurous chef starts out in Japan, where he eats traditional Fugu, a poisonous blowfish which can be prepared only by specially licensed chefs. He then travels to Cambodia, up the mine-studded road to Pailin into autonomous Khmer Rouge territory and to Phnom Penh's Gun Club, where local fare is served up alongside a menu of available firearms.”

Comedy of the Week
Iconoclasts (with Charles Barkley and Bjork) from SNL
“I love this one. Bjork = awesome.lol”

Organization of the Week
The Tap Project
“It's our single most bountiful resource. Yet, water is a daily privilege millions take for granted. The little known truth is that lack of clean and accessible drinking water is the second largest worldwide killer of children under five. To address this situation, a nationwide effort is launching during World Water Week called the Tap Project, a campaign that celebrates the clean and accessible tap water available as an every day privilege to millions, while helping UNICEF provide safe drinking water to children around the world.”

Quote of the Week
“I’ve been on a constant diet for the last two decades. I’ve lost a total of 789 pounds. By all accounts, I should be hanging from a charm bracelet.” – Erma Bombeck

Quote of the Week #2 (non-food)
“Fresh air is nature's Febreeze.” - SAHMmy Says

Untried Recipe of the Week
Artichoke Soup at Kitchenography
“I look at this picture and I realize this plain little pureed soup doesn't look like much. Pureed soups in general are not all that picturesque. But if like me you're crazy for artichokes, artichoke soup is about as perfect as soup gets.”

Video of the Week
“Orange Crush” by R.E.M.
“In the great tradition of R.E.M. videos, this is more of a collection of vaguely related images than an actual story. But the song’s pretty, and their new album Accelerate is due out on April 1st. Advance word says it’s the band’s best in a decade. Whee!”

(Okay, I wrote that last one.)

(Photos courtesy of Gastronomy.wordpress.com and Flickr member whimsigal.)
Share on :
CHG Favorites of the Week: The Attribution Edition
CHG Favorites of the Week: The Attribution Edition
Reviewed by jembe
Published :
Rating : 4.5